Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A Bit More Text Block: Dad & A Second Helping Of Sunshine

Good morning, everyone! Welcome back for Day 4 of the Papertrey Ink new release countdown. Today I'm sharing a couple of additional projects featuring the Text Block: Dad die and A Second Helping Of Sunshine, so let's get to it!

The Text Block: Dad die is versatile beyond the papas. With a few minor snips you can add just about any title to this die. Think your sister is the best ever? Your friend? Your dog walker? Simply use stamps, die cut letters, or stickers to switch things up.

Best Teacher Ever Card


Today I'm sharing a teacher card. I began by die cutting the Text Block: Dad from Spring Moss cardstock that I'd Xyroned. Then, I die cut the block from a panel of Classic Kraft and a Rustic White card base. I stamped the Kraft layer with polka dots and the scale from A Second Helping Of Sunshine. Then, I sandwiched a piece of clear cardstock between the card base and Kraft layers to create a window. I trimmed the "DAD" from the Text Block and adhered it in the window space. Next, I die cut three of the Wonderful Words: Teacher shape from Pure Poppy cardstock and layered them together for added dimension. I adhered those over the open space in the Text Block shape.

Best Teacher Ever Close Up


Next, I die cut a circle and a bowl from Rustic White cardstock. I stamped the scale dial and pointer onto the circle using Ripe Avocado and Pure Poppy inks and adhered it to the card front. Next, I die cut the apple filler image from Classic Kraft and stamped it with the coordinating image. I stamped the bowl in Ripe Avocado and adhered it to the apples with foam tape. That whole piece was adhered to the card base with a bit more foam tape and some flat adhesive. The final touch (that you can't really see, unfortunately) was a circle of Xyroned clear cardstock that I adhered over the scale dial to give it a more realistic appearance. It's a subtle detail, but it really adds so much.

Today's final card is a baby card made by pairing A Second Helping Of Sunshine with Polka Dot Parade #4.

Welcome Baby Card

I began by die cutting a wine bottle tag shape from white cardstock. On that, I stamped the grounding oval from Bowl Of Sunshine in Aqua Mist (stamped off once to soften the color). Then, I stamped the scale from A Second Helping of Sunshine in New Leaf. I added the dial and sentiment in Smokey Shadow and the pointer in Aqua Mist.

Welcome Baby Close Up


Next, I die cut the bear from Polka Dot Parade #4 and stamped him in Classic Kraft and Harvest Gold inks. I adhered the wine bottle shape to a Harvest Gold striped card front and added the bear to the top of the scale with foam tape. Finally, I added the bow tie detail with Aqua Mist ribbon to soften the whole card a bit. And the nice thing about this type of ribbon treatment is that there is no knot, so it flattens fairly well for mailing.

Well, that's all for me today, friends! Make sure to come back tomorrow for one more day of new release inspiration. In the meantime, Nichole, Amy,Ashley, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Laura, Laurie, Maile, Melissa, Erin, and Lexi for even more inspiration. I'll see you tomorrow morning!

Recipes:
Best Teacher Ever Card
Stamps: A Second Helping Of Sunshine, Bowl Of Sunshine, Polka Dot Basics - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Spring Moss, Pure Poppy, Classic Kraft, Rustic White, Clear - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Text Block: Dad Die, Wonderful Words: Teacher Die, A Second Helping Of Sunshine Die, Bowl Of Sunshine Die, Rattled Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Xyron

Welcome, Baby Card
Stamps: A Second Helping Of Sunshine, Bowl Of Sunshine, Polka Dot Parade #4, Whale Wishes - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Harvest Gold Stripe Paper - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Aqua Mist, New Leaf, Classic Kraft, Harvest Gold, Smokey Shadow - Papertrey Ink
Other: Wine Bottle Tag Die, Polka Dot Parade #4 Die, Aqua Mist Saddle Stitch Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch

5 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Love hour teacher card!! Great use of vellum and the journal card!

Geri said...

Sweet cards, once again! And I had to come back and apologize...I saw yours and Lexi's samples, one above the other on Nichole's blog today and thought...oh my gosh...I think I called Lizzie 'Lexi' yesterday (in the comment I had left on your post)!!! I checked, and sure enough...that's what I did! Sorry!!!

Mary said...

Genius baby card, and I love the bow treatment!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Lizzie,

SWEET AND INGENIOUS CARDS!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

Kathy Krug said...

LOVE THE TEDDY ON THE SCALE.