Saturday, August 12, 2017

More Wicked Elixir

Good morning and welcome back for Day 3 of the Papertrey Ink August countdown! I'm back today with a couple if additional projects featuring Wicked Elixir (available on the 15th at 10pm). Nichole and Wanda are showcasing this new set today too, so be sure to pop over and see what they have to share. Let's get to the projects!

Boo! Card

I created a Halloween ensemble for today pairing Wicked Elixir with my new Truffle Tote Box Die. I started with the card. I began by using all of the bottles to create this super fun patterned background. I added the die cut labels (the adhesive sheets make these labels a snap!) and then trimmed the panel down to 4" x 5 1/4". I used foam tape to adhere that panel to a card base that I had covered with Bitty Big: True Black patterned paper.

Boo! Card 2

Next, I die cut a vellum web using the medium Spider Web Trio die. I also cut the sentiment using the Bookprint Alphabet dies from True Black cardstock that I had run through my die cut machine. I used Onyx glitter on the letters to make them all sparkly and then adhered them to the card front over top of the web. It's so fun and colorful!

And of course you need a treat box to go with such a festive Halloween card, right?

Trick Or Treat Truffle Tote

I cut the Truffle Tote out of Bitty Big: Orange Zest paper and assembled it (totally easy! I'll share photos of assembly in a day or so). Then, I decorated the front of the box with a glittery Tricky Trio die that I had created the same way as the "BOO!".

Trick Or Treat Truffle Tote 2

I also die cut and stamped the smallest bottle and attached that to the front of the box with foam tape. What do you think is inside? A trick or a treat? Only one way to find out...mwa ha ha ha!

Supplies:


Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to check out Nichole and Wanda's projects featuring Wicked Elixir. Betsy and Heather have more to share with you too. I'll see you soon!

2 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

I love the stamped background on your card!

jan metcalf said...

YOur colorful bottles are awesome!